When you think about content marketing, what is top of mind? It might be blogging, or videos, infographics or social media, but interestingly none of these perform as well as the method I’m going to share with you today.
A recent survey by the Content Marketing Institute showed that 63% of marketers thought that live events were more effective than other content marketing methods in terms of a return on investment, including social media. Today’s episode digs a little deeper into how you can use live events in your content marketing mix and what the benefits could be for your business.
Today’s Brilliant Content Tip
Today’s brilliant content idea is to host a live event so you can
- accelerate your growth,
- build relationships,
- help pre-qualified prospective clients,
- build content you can repurpose in a variety of formats,
- and gain valuable referrals.
Listen to The Show on SoundCloud
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Highlights From Today’s Show
- Many people don’t consider live events as content, but the truth is they are the ultimate form of content.
- For brands hosting events they mean capturing pre-qualified prospects’ attention for longer than the 3 minute average experienced on most blogs, longer than podcasts, youtube videos and every other form of content out there combined.
- Live events can be repurposed just like any form of content, so long as you put the forethought into recording and documenting them.
- The purpose of a content marketing event is not to sell, sell, sell but to help, help, help.
- To my mind, a business that helps then sells, sells more effectively than a business that sells then helps.
- As marketers, we operate within a trust economy and one of the best ways to build trust is to share huge value with an outward focus.
- Do some homework. Ask your community if they would be interested in a live event?
- Partner with key businesses and people to make the event a success.
- Share your event across all relevant marketing channels.
- Make sure the event is video-recorded, transcribed, photographed, and above all a delightful experience for attendees.
- Follow up with attendees with more value.
Over To You
How are you using the power of live events in your content marketing? What are some of your brilliant content ideas, apps or plugins you’ve used? If you’d like to be featured on the show, catch me on Twitter @casmccullough and also, don’t forget to check out my other podcast show, Your Brilliant Un-Career.