One of my all time favourite quotes is this one by Maya Angelou: ‘I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.’
Interestingly, in the small business quest to dominate the social media space one of the best tools for tapping into the thoughts and feelings of the people we want to reach is also one of the most under-utilised when it comes to content marketing.
About Today’s Show
Today I want to share with you a Brilliant idea to get you started on Spotify so you can incorporate music into your content marketing.
Today’s Brilliant Content Tip
Use Spotify to incorporate music into your brand’s content marketing. Listen to the Podcast to find out how.
Listen to The Show on SoundCloud
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Highlights From Today’s Show
- Spotify has 50 million users, a very engaged community, huge social reach on Facebook and Twitter and a well-received brand marketing platform.
- The average Spotify user spends 148 min on the platform every single day.
- Ask your social media followers to suggest songs.
- Add your playlist to your website. To add the widget to your sidebar, go to https://developer.spotify.com/. From the menu items, select Spotify Play Button. The page walks you through how to add the widget to your sidebar on your website.
- You can also add a “follow” button to your website. https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/widgets/spotify-follow-button/
- Create a custom branded playlist. If you want to explore that option, visit https://www.spotify.com/au/brands/formats/branded-playlist/.
- Creating playlists based on your followers’ tastes is a great way to create engagement and find out what inspires your fans and followers.
- Creating playlists gives something to your followers and fans they can use instantly and take with them everywhere.
- If you are running an event or you are a performer, it enables people to further engage with the music from that event or your recent gig and that could lead to sales on iTunes. For this last option, think “add every song you play at an event to a specific playlist.”
- If you are identified with certain styles of music that is yet another way to share your brand story and enhance the look, feel and sound of your brand.
- You can run engaging promotions and competitions using your Spotify playlists which creates more engagement for your brand on social media.
How to Arrange a Playlist on Spotify
Over To You
What are some of your brilliant content ideas, apps or plugins you’ve used? If you’d like to be featured on the show, catch me on Twitter @casmccullough and also, don’t forget to check out my other podcast show, Your Brilliant Un-Career.