Episode 3: Making a Healthy Life Possible
In today’s episode, the Merrymaker Sisters Emma and Carla Papas share their take on making healthy choices. Startup founders are used to pushing themselves to the limits, but are you making healthy choices? For your mind to work at peak capacity, your body needs some lovin’ as well! The Merrymakers share how to get started and how to make it easy and fun! We even do a plank live on the show!
About The Merrymaker Sisters
Emma and Carla Papas, ‘The Merrymaker Sisters’ are communication professionals turned health and happiness advocates and passionate health coaches.
Their website and social media channels reach over 150 000 people every month. They will inspire you with real, healthy food recipes and help you find and follow your bliss. Throughout their merrymaking journey they’ve published 2 healthy cookbooks: Make It Merry, and Get Merry, created a recipe smart phone app, partnered with international brands like Reebok, Microsoft and Fitness First to inspire and connect like-minded people together and have been featured across international and national media channels such as Mashable, MindBodyGreen, The Age, GoodFood and Channel 10.
Connect with the Merrymaker Sisters
- “high vibes” — new term for me.
- Changing our lifestyle changed our lives in so many ways.
- Our overall message is everyone’s healthy is a little bit different. Feel empowered not guilty.
- Find a healthy choice that is energising, fun and brings joy to your life.
- When you remove the friction from a decision, it’s an easy decision.
- 1 is the food that we eat. We believe that healthy food should be delicious, and easy to make.
- Set yourself up for wins. When you achieve it you’ll feel so good.
- You can start really basic: meat and vegetables and gradually add variety and spice.
- For exercise, we just make sure we love what we do.
- A lot of the time people think there’s a right way to exercise. What’s the point in doing something you hate?
- What if you don’t enjoy exercise?
- Start with really small goals. Start with a 5 minute walk and you’ll feel better.
- It’s about reframing your feelings around exercise. If you can connect exercise to another one of your values or goals, that’s another thing you can do.
- Connect exercise with another value or goal to motivate you.
- If you meet a friend for coffee, how about you meet a friend for a walk.
- Merrymakers take the stairs.
- Choose where you go and stay, so that you can stick to your good decisions.
- It takes practice, but it’s always really empowering.
- There are going to be people who interrogate you.
- Empower yourself. Be assertive. Own your decisions and surround yourself with people who are going to support you.
- You’ve gotta think also about mindset.
- If you have a positive mindset, implementing changes will be easier.
- Teach yourself to flip your mind when you notice negative thoughts creep in.
- We all grow up thinking thin is what we need to be.
- 10 minutes is better than nothing.
- Even if you’re too busy, include five minutes of exercise to keep the habit going.
- Once you’ve created that habit, it’s the easiest thing ever.
- Everyone can find 3 minutes to do some form of exercise.
- There’s so many points in the day where you’re waiting and you could do some exercise.
- It’s fun doing exercise in weird places.
- Do not dwell on the past. Those guilty feelings aren’t serving anyone.
- Stress is a no. 1 killer. We’re all about less stress is best.
- It feels really good to be able to do things. You want to be able to live your life to the fullest.
- Correlate healthy decisions with a healthy life.
- The more healthy choices you make the more you can live a full life.
You can help make it possible for more people access Possible. by subscribing to the show on iTunes and leaving a rating and review. I’d love for you to do and co-create a world of possibility with me! Thank you!!!!
Also, if you feel like sharing the podcast with your friends, here’s a handy tweet!
Possible. is powered by Writally: Create original content in half the time and put an end to the blank screen
This blog post was created with a Podcast–Interview Writally Blog Post Recipe. Grab the ultimate blog post playbook here.