One of the growing entrepreneurial trends is to start a social enterprise. According to social entrepreneurship organisation Social Traders, In Australia, the number of social ventures has grown by 37% in the past five years.
If you’re in business to be a force for good in the world but you’re drowning in social media sea amongst every other company out there, you’ll probably feel massive internal pressure to raise your profile and attract the right people to your cause.
But just like every other business out there, you still need to bring your ideas to market, and that means employing strategies that will help you stand out and attract attention in a crowded online marketplace.
One of the key things I’ve been talking more about lately is leveraging your influencer ecosystem, and the more I dig into this, the more I see huge benefits for focusing on this aspect of marketing.
In this episode, I give you four steps to get you started on building your own influencer ecosystem so that you can make a bigger impact with your business.
Today’s Brilliant Content Tip
Today’s Brilliant Content Idea to start mapping out your influencer eco-system so you can build the foundations to make a bigger impact with your business.
Listen to The Show on SoundCloud
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Listen to the Show on Stitcher
Highlights From Today’s Show
- Use a mind mapping tool to help you visually map out your ecosystem. I use mindmup.com.
- Take time to dig deep int the mindset of your perfect clients. In this process you will want to consider all stakeholders, so not just the end user but every person who makes up that section of the ecosystem. Find out what matters to them and what keeps them awake at night. Once you have clarity on this, the rest of the process is easier.
- Once you know what matters, jump onto Google and start researching for organisations and high profile people who talk about the issues that matter to your perfect client. Add these to your map.
- Look at the websites and social profiles for these organisations and individuals. Who are the key players? Where are they online? Add this to the map.
- What other organisations and causes are they connected to? What media has featured them? What events have they attended or spoken at? Add this to the map.
What your influencer map should be looking like:
- The next step is to start consolidating your information. You can use the information to set up Twitter lists or join relevant LinkedIn Groups or Facebook Pages and groups. Then you can start interacting, or better yet, look for contacts you have in common and ask for an introduction.
- Remember the goal is to develop symbiotic relationships. As in all relationships, it shouldn’t be about what’s in it for you but rather what’s in it for us and for the people we want to impact.
Over To You
Do you feel like you could be making a bigger impact with your business? If so, let’s connect. What are some of your brilliant content ideas, apps or plugins you’ve used? If you’d to suggest a topic for the show catch me on Twitter @casmccullough and also, don’t forget to check out my other podcast show, Your Brilliant Un-Career.
Also, if you want to know more about how influencer outreach can help you make a bigger impact, do this quick survey here and that will lead you down the rabbit hole to more information and resources that can help you dig deeper into this topic.
This show is proudly brought to you by my new private training and mentoring community, Shift Club.
Shift Club is the place to be if you want to create marketing that moves and get daily support from my team and I, plus a community of likeminded peers. The program includes advanced strategic content marketing training, on-demand templates and resources, assistance with editing and influencer research, and feedback on your strategy and content, as you develop it. Early access is available now at a greatly reduced rate until August 31st, 2015. Click on the button below to see how Shift Club can help you grow your business.