If someone had told me, just a few years ago, that I’d be the founder and CEO of a tech startup, I would have laughed out loud. But now, that’s exactly what I am doing and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My name is Caroline (Cas) McCullough and I am the founder of Writally, a tech startup aimed at cutting the time it takes to create an original blog post. If you want to read more about my startup story, visit the Writally website here.
What I’ve realised through my 7 year journey where I’ve shifted from having a local side-hustle to now running a tech startup, is that anything’s possible.
In keeping with that theme, I’ve decided to do a little redecorating here at casmccullough.com. My website is now dedicated to the overarching theme of possibility– in business, relationships, health, education and family. As an ever-curious, ADHD, multipotentialite (yes, that’s a word!), my brain never switches off, so it seems fitting to switch gears and use this site a platform for what I care about.
And what I care about is helping you see the possibility in your own life.
I am a single mum. Two of my kids are on the Autism Spectrum and my third has a medical condition, so I home educate. I am a survivor of abuse and bullying and also of a cult (that’s a long story). I made a decision two years ago to drastically change my life and it’s been hard, so hard that some days I just wanted to curl up and fade away, but I’ve stuck with it and come out the other end. So can you!
Whatever your circumstances, I want to show you through my new podcast that anything is possible. (coming soon!).
So, yes! I’ve taken a new direction but you can still find my content marketing blog posts at writally.com. I am still doing some mentoring and consulting work, but given that I’m also a home schooling parent and running a tech startup, there are some boundaries on my time.
If you want to dive into more, grab yourself a copy of my Amazon bestselling book, “Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, entrepreneurship, and making the leap” and listen to my previous podcast. You can find more on those here.
A few random facts about me
- I have a Master’s degree from QUT (in Business Communication) and did half a PHD in sustainable tourism before losing interest and chasing another shiny object.
- I love quality chocolate.
- I never drink Instant Coffee.
- I wear Leona Edmiston, Flower and TW brands as they cater for curvier women and they are Australian brands.
- I cry whenever I watch the news, so I don’t watch the news. In fact, I rarely watch TV.
- I used to be a birth doula, helping women in labour.
- I was a political activist for 8 years, fighting for better maternity care.
- Until age 13 I couldn’t look anyone in the eye.
- I once interviewed Larry King at an event in Longview, Texas when I was a student journalist. It didn’t go well.
- I was a finalist in the 2016 Content Marketing Awards.
- I won the Suncorp Small Business Solutions competition in February 2016.